Lifebeginsat67.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bob1

Ruger GP 100 Match Champion, 357 Magnum

I've been offered the above gun -- slightly used in the case -- for $699.  I am planning to buy the regular Ruger GP 100 sometime next year.  You can find all about this gun at Ruger's site.   I have a Glock 19 Gen 5, Smith & Wesson Performance Center 642, and am picking up a Ruger Mark IV this week--22lr ammo is a lot cheaper that 9 mm and 38 special ammo.

Do you think this is a deal?  The Local gun range sells guns new at $80 under MSRP.  I hope to look at the gun tomorrow.

I had the link going to Ruger's 1755.  I changed it to the correct model--the 1754.  I'm going to look at it in a few hours.  I think it's going to be an early Christmas.

It looks like the only difference is the 1754 has

A fixed Novak® LoMount Carry rear sight and fiber optic front sight allows for a fast and visible sight picture.

and the 1755 has 

An adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight allows for a fast and visible sight picture.

Same MSRP of $969.  My gun range offers it at $834.99.  The offered lightly used version is $699.

I was planning to get the Model 1771 that doesn't have the upgrades at $742.99 next year.

I bought the Ruger GP 100 Match Champion, 357 Magnum, Model 1754 for $699.  There is a nice story to go with the purchase.  I went in to look at it and it was spotless.  It smelled like Hoppee's bore cleaner--which is a good thing.  I checked its vital parts and everything looked good.  Then they told me it was traded in by one of their best customers.  They told me the seller buys a gun uses it a bit and then trades it in for another gun.  That customer purchased the 1754 in September 2019 and traded it in during October 2019.  It was two months old. 

While I was there, my Ruger Mark IV came in.  I'll load them in the Gallery soon.  Tomorrow, I take the 2 additions to my small arsenal to the range and try them out.